View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
The safety controls that are on some electric kettles can be very important for some users. My mother-in-law kept boiling dry her stovetop tea kettles because she couldn't hear the whistle and would forget. She drinks tea a lot, but using a microwave to boil water wasn't a good option because the water was just never hot enough for her. She wouldn't be able to lift the heavier electric kettles

We actually bought a single cup unit called a Café Valet for her. There is no burner, the water boils and drips through to the cup then shuts off. It takes 4 minutes. We've replaced it 2-3 times already, and she loves it. She uses it 3-5 times every day. Bought one for my mom too, and we have one as well. I think we bought directly from the manufacturer last time as they aren't available on Amazon anymore.

There are similar devices from several companies.
Years ago, I had to add a 'spring wound timer" (commonly found in the US bath for heat/fan) switched outlet for the GE teakettle because my parents would forget it was in use. (I do proper electrical work. it was a wall outlet with the switch in the next gang. Nothing rinky-dink )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote