View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #3
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The replace text should be:

Code:
\1\2
With what you have, you are escaping the backslash, so it puts a single backslash in for each pair.
Ok (it works). Thank you SO much!

But then again, this makes me ask a new question. I came up with a less powerful but same kind of search.
Except I didn't use the saved search feature, but the search fields within the editor, directly.
I searched for: [a-z,A-Z]-[a-z,A-Z]
And I replaced with: \1\2 (just like you suggested)
Regular Expression search set.

Why this finds what it is expected to find, but then when I hit "Replace" I get:
IndexError: no such group

??
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote