View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
openairwriter
openairwriter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epaper-ebook-reader with external-keyboard-support?

So, again I'm one of these persons looking for an e-paper-display ebook-reader able to be used as a writing device with an external Keyboard. I read the many Threads dealing with this topic, but most of the information seems to be outdated.

The purpose is to take notes or write rough drafts of scientific texts, sitting outside in the sun or being on public transport etc. Why an E-book-Reader? Because its lightweight, compact and has low energy consumption and a good readable display.

It should support the following features:

- connect to external keyboard via Bluetooth or USB-OTG
(It doesn't has to function out-of-the-box, but should work well after short adjustments)
- be able to safe text at least as .txt
- support mutated vowels (as Ä, ö, ü...)
- good usability
- low price (For ecological and "fair-trade"-reasons I would prefer second-hand-devices)
- not too old, so that there are still some programs/apps available
- perhabs it would be cool, if it would support emailing, internet-browsing and so on.

So, devices I found, are:

- Inkbook Prime, 6", 139€ new - But the Question is, if bluetooth-keyboards are really supported. Has anybody made some experiences? In a german Amazon.de-Feedback someone complains about bluetooth-Keyboard is not working.
- Onyx Boox Kepler, 6" - But I don't find a shop, where it can be bought.
- Onyx Boox M96, 9,7", 293€ new - on ereader-store you just can preorder it.

There are some others, like the Pocketbook pro 912 and Pocketbook pro 902, but in my eyes, they seem to be to old, work on linux (which is still better as other proprietary-OS) and their support of keyboards is far away from out-of-the-box. Further, there are the Onyx Boox N96 or other Highclass-devices (Sony Dpt-S1) which are far too expensive for me.

Has anybody made good experiences with one of the mentioned devices for the mentioned use-case or with another device?

Thank you and good bye,

Stephan
openairwriter is offline   Reply With Quote