View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Well that is okay (I'm the OP) and it is nice to also see what others are getting battery charge wise with their iPhones and iPads. My iPad 3 gets at least 10 hours from a charge with WiFi on.

The problem with the previous iPod touches though is that Apple went more for design appeal than functionality, and the result was a thin, small, cool looking device that had a relatively tiny battery. The result in past iPod touch generations was a very short battery discharge time. For example, my iPod touch 4th generation rarely got more than 2 to 3 hours of use when reading, and that was with the brightness level turned way down. They are notorious for draining the battery very quickly. From what I'm reading it sounds like that issue might have been corrected in the 5th generation, but I would like to here that from an actual user and not a bunch of tech bloggers who are just quoting specs. So far I've read and watched dozens of reviews for the 5th generation, but none have specifically addressed battery discharge time, though a couple hinted at an improvement over the 4th generation.