View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 04:00 AM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocity2 View Post
I am having a similar problem. I convert a Word file to epub using Calibre. The file shows up on Ibooks on my Imac. However, it does not show up on my Ipad. With previous IPads with different operating systems it did via the cloud.

I contacted Apple support a month ago and they claimed there was a bug that didn't allow epub made with Calibre to get to Icloud. I saw there was a new version of Calibre so I tried again and again, the epub file does not transfer.

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping Apple support got it wrong, as they sometimes do.

Does anyone know of a work around? Thank you.
Most of my eBooks are converted/processed with Calibre and read in Apple Books and I don't have that problem.

The truth is another thing, and it is the incredible low quality of their customer service and the general decreasing of the quality of Apple software.

There is a bug in Books that sometimes breaks the synchronization between devices. It happens son and then, more frequently if versions of iOS/macOS do not match in all of your devices.

Once synchronization is broken, it is a pain in the ass make the things work well one more time. One of those things should resolve the issue, from easy to difficult (and painful):

1.- Restart ALL your devices. Or in more detail, switch off all. Once all are off, switch them one by one waiting until each aThing and iThing has completely started and synced before start the next.
2.- Disconnect Books from iCloud in ALL of your devices, deleting all content in your books. Wait some time to allow iCloud synchronize de disconnection. How many time? Nobody knows. Sometimes is ten seconds, sometimes is hours or days. How you can know when it is done? You cannot know that. Enable iCloud on Books in one device and only one, and wait until it synchronize. If you still have non-purchased books synchronized, disconnect and wait more time.
3.- Completely disable ALL iCloud in ALL of your devices. Follow the same steps as in 2.

Last edited by rfog; 07-30-2019 at 04:04 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote