View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
Maniac
Maniac began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
My goal is that the title is displayed with the series_index prefixed. Like "xx - title". For a future improvement i would like that the collections use the titleSorter field and the book view uses the title field. I already created a feature request at PRS+ for this behaviour.

My last test was the following.

- metadata management set to automatic
- in the plugboard if used this rule with format epub and device PRS505 the target fields are title and title_sort
Code:
[{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}]
- formatted the internal memory of the reader
- send all books with calibre to the reader
- the books are displayed without the series_index in the book view (Home - books - see all) and in the collections
- reattached the reader to the pc, calibre updated the metadata (nothing changed in calibre since sending the books the first time)
- in both views the titles are still displayed without the series_index

The books in the series are displayed in the correct order in the collections. But I try to display the series_index too.

As far as I understand the PRS-650 always displays the title which is written in the media.xml and not the title written in the epub itself. The title in the epub itself is updated according to the plugboard, but the PRS-650 only uses this title if it scans the books itself.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote