View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #105
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Version 1.2 is now available and the first post of this thread has been completely updated. New features:
  • Rewrote code to support GUI customization instead of tweaks
  • You can now specify case-sensitive collection names/patterns to ignore/include and prefixes per column
  • Warns if Automatic management is set or not
  • Test implementation for adding built-in dictionaries to collections

If you setup tweaks already, they'll be completely ignored so you should delete them from the tweak list, and then use the GUI to add your settings - there's more flexibility this way and its easier to read.

The customization GUI shows all the columns available to select for collections, including user created columns. However, it doesn't show all Calibre columns even though it can - most of them (like comments, timestamp) would not create meaningful collection names. If you find one missing that you want, or think one shouldn't be on the list, just let me know and I'll update the defaults.

The ability to put dictionaries in collections is a work in progress. Its a bit of a kludge but it works find for the 2 UK dictionaries I have. I need to get more codes for dictionaries (or even applications - I'd like to try these) to expand the defaults and to see if its worth allowing them to be customized outside the code. If you can help collect codes for me I'd appreciate it. The books/apps I need are the ones that don't show up in the Kindle's directory structure so can't be put into collections in the normal way. You can get the codes as follows:
  • On your Kindle add one special book (dictionary or app) to a new collection (name the collection to match the title of the book/app)
  • Repeat for each of the special files/apps that you have on your Kindle
  • Connect your Kindle to your PC and go to the systems directory
  • View the collections.json file and copy just the lines for the new collections you created (I don't need all your books ) and paste them here
  • I can then add the codes to the plugin and release a new version for testing
  • Remember that this plugin will overwrite the collections you just manually created when you run it again

There are still a few things I want to look into: adding more dictionary/application codes, supporting multiple configurations/kindles, showing the collection report without using debug mode, and using classes better in the code. Other suggestions are welcome.

Have fun