View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
If you've read my other posts, you may have noticed that I have published a large number of Bibles for the Kindle (KJV, WEB, NET and a free Chinese Union translation, more foreign translations are in the works). My other interest is dictionaries.

I have just released another Kindle dictionary -- Soule's Dictionary of Synonyms. Unlike, Fernald's dictionary of synonyms, this one has more entries and more synonyms in each entry; however, it does not discuss the differences in meaning between synonyms. Wherever I could, I have updated the spelling to more closely reflect the current spelling. However, some words in the dictionary sometimes are dated (the original Soule's was published in the late nineteenth century). Despite its vintage, I find this dictionary extremely useful (I have a large collection of old and modern dictionaries and thesauri). Words become overused and trite. We all repeat them. Forgotten words that are out of fashion may provide that new perspective and freshen up a text or speech.

For your enjoyment, I present Soule's Dictionary of Synonyms.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002XDR6W2

P.S. A hook: I am currently working with Amazon to fix a technical issue with their system that prevents my other yet-unannounced dictionary from going "live." It is a modern dictionary. The compressed file size is more than 80 Mb, which probably makes it the largest dictionary for the Kindle.

Last edited by osnova; 11-17-2009 at 08:51 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote