View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryTX View Post
I just purchased, and it looks like a fine effort. The price was a little steeper than expected, given that the source lacks more modern words, but I believe it will still be a good thesaurus and if so it will be a good deal. I can also say that, having tried to create a Kindle dictionary from PD sources in the past, I recognize the effort to put it together is significant.
First, thank you for your purchase.

Yeah, that's the rub. I have started from scratch, OCRing and proofreading, revising and somewhat updating the text, then converting it to the Kindle dictionary format. It took me a long time.

If I take a PD text from Gutenberg or another source, then the effort is minimal. I prefer to add something new, not just repackage the already available.

Now that people are used to free or dirt cheap e-books, $7 seems expensive. I guess I'll have to lower the price.

What do you think would be a more attractive price for people?

Last edited by osnova; 10-23-2009 at 03:45 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote