View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
You *can* make it a default dictionary (in the settings on your Kindle); however, I do not know how useful it would be (it has much fewer words than a typical general dictionary). This is why I do not promote it as a replacement to the default dictionary. However, if you think this could be useful, let me know.

Also, I have not tested this on Kindle 1 (don't have one). I have put a disclaimer to that effect. Please try the sample (above - not the one from Amazon) first.

By the way, I am thinking of making an updated Soule's thesaurus in the Kindle dictionary format. It has more words and synonyms but does not provide definitions or any explanations about the differences in meaning as this one does. Please let me know if there is interest.

I am also considering making other mono- and bilingual dictionaries. If you have any suggestions on which ones to make (must be public domain), let me know.

Last edited by osnova; 10-20-2009 at 01:49 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote