View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Again, ... as I previously explained, the Preview pane is not editable, it only shows what is in the CodeView editor. Similarly, the toc pane is not editable, it only shows what is generated by the EditTOC editor. It was designed that way and it is not changing.

Which message pane are you referring to? Is this message from the validation results window? Or from some other place?

There is a csslint plugin that may do what you want for styles.

And fwiw, I have no plans to duplicate validator functionality inside Sigil. Calibre does that since Kovid does not believe in validators. I do not like validators but they play an important role in the ebook eco-system and can help.

Perhaps calibre's editor would be a better fit for you? Alternatively, perhaps asking in the Sigil Plugin Development Thread here on MR, you might convince someone else to either adapt the calibre's code or write their own validator for you.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote