View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #8
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I respect your wish for general politeness in this board, but be assured that you fully misread actually helpful advice as being rude.

Nevertheless, I'd like to re-emphase the point that there is currently *no* way for the Kindle Paperwhite, which *this* thread is about, to be re-flashed like the other Kindle models. For the others, true, the thread you linked might be a reference (I argue it's more of a discussion, though). Not so for the KPW. As I wrote above, there is no USB Downloader mode. As I also wrote (and twobob detailed above), a serial connection might be the only way. We do not currently have a walk-through guide for re-flashing using the serial port. It probably has been done, though.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote