View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
2.8.1 Reading list - Ghost books

Kobo 2.8.1.

I have hit a bit of an oddity. My Glo is set up with a shelf named "Reading List", this is normally populated using Calibre's Reading List plugin. One of my Books which has been added to the list is "White Nights" by Dostoyevsky and this correctly appears on the Glo in the list.

However there is another entry in the list for "White Nights" with Author Unknown. This one has an entry on the RH side "Buy Now", however if I follow that link it fires up WiFi and takes me to an "Oops" page in the Kobo Storefront and getting out of there seems to be a problem as there is no "Home" button. There is no option to remove the book from the Shelf.

Thoughts on removing this extraneous entry would be appreciated. If I remove the proper (sideloaded) book from the shelf (just using the Glo, not Calibre), the "ghost" copy disappears but another book then gets the same treatment and a "ghost" copy of that arrives in the Reading list shelf.

I have run a check on the Kobo database - no errors and have also compressed the database.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote