View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:22 PM   #24
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I prefer to have an external light source so my reader keeps a longer charge. I mostly read where I have light.
I read quite a lot at night, but since I carry a head torch anyway it makes little sense to me to have a backlit reader when the ones I have seen do not suit my eyes.

By and large I'd be happy to have a slightly thicker reader if it had more battery life as well as the extra functions, and I'd be very happy indeed if I had decent library functions as well as better mp3 organisation. But the current Sony PRS software is very poor at both of those tasks so I'd rather they fixed those aspects first, before getting excited about new stuff. Now that I have 10Gb of storage in the Sony it's become undeniable that you are not supposed to put more than a few hundred titles onto the device. The Sony PC software is bad enough at dealing with this (it crashes on connect more often than not), but the software on the device pretty much grinds to a halt. Using the PC software to do the transfer speeds up the device if it works, but it takes so many attempts to get a session that doesn't crash that it's actually faster to just power up the device and wait.
moz is offline   Reply With Quote