View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
I've been investigating ways to automate the switching in and out, of different Icon Replacement Sets for the Calibre UI, because I like to fiddle with such things and I'd rather spend 10's of hours on automating, than spending 1 minute hundreds of times.

Secondly, I thought it might be a help to those who are looking for an easy-ish one-in-all solution and don't quite know how to go about it.

Here's the rub; I've figured out how to do it on Windows only, but haven't got the foggiest on how to do likewise for Mac or Linux. Sorry Mac and Linux users

If this sounds interesting to you..... yes, you!.... I'd like to ask for someone quite knowledgeable with the workings of Calibre to help me by testing my solution: Does the package you receive from me to install on your box work as expected? Does the solution work? Are there any flaws in the execution? Anything that could be achieved in a smarter, better way?

Pls respond in this thread.
It is really very simple (for Calibre: all OS versions)
You put the 'alternate' icons into the configuration folder Resources/Imagss
The icons need to use the same names as the standard ones
You do not need a full set. Those that exist there will be used, otherwise the default set will be drawn from
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote