View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 06:02 AM   #10
Brenart
Brenart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I have the Glowlight Plus and the Glowlight 3 and I just carried them into the bathroom and turned out the room light so it was totally dark. I'm in a retirement home and the bathroom is an interior room with no window so there was no light. I then compared the two devices.

The Glowlight Plus gets pretty dim but at the bottom of it's range there's almost no room for adjustment before it goes completely off. I was able to slide it a tiny bit and get it as dim as possible and it was fairly dim. I'm not sure I could read when it's that dim but I can see the text. Any more movement turned it off.

The Glowlight 3 has a much more even gradation. As I move to the left it gets dimmer and dimmer, evenly so, and before it goes off it's so dim I could barely see it. It got so dim finally that even though I could see the screen I couldn't see what was on it. When it went off I couldn't see anything.

Anyway the Glowlight 3 gets far, far dimmer than the Glowlight Plus and it's much easier to control the light bar to get it just where you want it.

Barry
Thanks Barry, just the type of review I was hoping for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Brenart is offline   Reply With Quote