View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenart View Post
I'm currently using the Glowlight plus and I'm very happy with the exception that the dimmest setting wakes up the wife.

I haven't had a chance to see the Glowlight 3 in store, but I know it has a night mode, does anyone know how it compares to the forma or others discussed in this thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
The Glowlight Plus gets pretty dim but at the bottom of it's range there's almost no room for adjustment before it goes completely off...

Anyway the Glowlight 3 gets far, far dimmer than the Glowlight Plus and it's much easier to control the light bar to get it just where you want it.
Aside for the brightness of the light itself, adjusting the color on the Glowlight 3 into the amber range helps a lot. At night, in a darkened room, the Glowlight Plus with its white/blue 'feels' brighter as compared to an amber Glowlight 3 set at similar brightness settings.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote