Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'd need to ask Bookeen that directly. This is not, as you say, a Bookeen support forum but a place for CyBook users to talk to one another. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the GPL says that source code has to be made available on request, not necessarily "published"; have you asked Bookeen for it?

I don't experience any of the issues you mention, by the way. Powering off the machine with a book open remembers the state perfectly; no problems at all with fonts (provided one deletes the cache file); no SD problems. You sound to have been rather unfortunate in the issues that you've encountered! Have you tried using a different SD card? Perhaps that's where the root cause of your problems lie. People here have reported that certain SD cards do cause problems, while others work perfectly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote