View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
Interesting thread. I'm an iOS user. (I use a Mac desktop as primary at home for over 7 years now though other family members use Windows). I have an iPhone as well. I ended up with an iPad after the Asus tablet I thought would be everything and just didn't fit the bill. Resisted the iPad thinking it would just be a "big" iPhone, but got one as a gift several months ago from a loving spouse who could see I wanted one anyway. Glad I did as I really do use it very differently from my iPhone. I like that 99% of the apps are interchangeable, but I rarely use my iPhone as a reader, although occasionally I glance at something, so nice to have. I rarely play word games on my iPad, but I can if I want to. I never annotate PDFs on my iPhone and could care less that I can. But because I already had an iPhone, it seemed logical to get an iOS tablet versus an Android one with an already large investment in apps. I've purchased just a few iPad apps now and have many free iPad only apps too. But I agree, definite different uses. However, at various times, I do use some of the iPhone apps too, so it really did make sense. Still, I really do use the two devices differently. The availability of apps is just great and the ease of use is awesome. The thing just works. I have an iPad 1 with no upgrade plans until the battery dies.
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote