View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
'twas I who made that comment, slayda, ...

I do, however, think that he's slightly "lost it" with "Ghost" and its sequels, in that they have as their "hero" the most unlikeable central character since MacBeth , someone who says "I am a very unpleasant person, but I'm on the right side", and then goes on to prove just how deeply unpleasant he is with a series of scenes of explicit rape, sexual degradation, and wanton murder, while at the same time pushing what is to me a highly unpleasant ultra-right-wing political agenda.

Harry, I have to admit to not reading Ghost. Also there are several, even in the Free Library, that don't look appealing. But as you & Nathan both said, there are good authors and very good books there. I'd add Wen Spencer, Elisabeth Moon & Andre Norton to your list of good authors.

Based on your recommendation (and Nathans) I will also probably forgo reading Ghost. Thanks for the tip.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote