View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I am still not sure if I understand the issue. I view all input plugins as equivalent to the user opening an .epub file in Sigil, and all output plugins as equivalent to the user doing a Save-As inside Sigil.

Doing a Save-as is basically telling Sigil to take the current state inside Sigil (not what is in the .epub file itself) and save it. That is how I view output plugins.

Then the question becomes, should the successful completion of an output plugin clear the "dirty" flag. My thoughts were no since that flag just is there to protect the .epub file from lost changes to it.

As for running output plugins when the user has unsaved changes, I am happy it does, as it is equivalent to a Save-As. I would not want the user to have to do a Save or Save-as inside Sigil just to run an output plugin that should effectively be doing the same thing.

What am I missing? All parts of Sigil only work on the loaded epub stored inside temp, and never in the actual epub file until told to.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-20-2018 at 10:14 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote