Thread: curly quotes
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm not having issues with rendering or being unable to see; I'm getting different types of quotes--in other words, THREE different types--and just trying to wrap my noggin around how to facilitate getting consistent quote types, whatever it takes.
The first step is to isolate the problem:
Take a document with your imported Word->stripped html->Sigil code and delete everything except a paragraph with curly quotes. Add a paragraph with straight quotes typed in from the keyboard and add another paragraph with '“'[etc] html entities.

If the curly quotes look different in Sigil, export the epub and view it in ADE or calibre's viewer. If the curly quotes still look different, then you need to upload the test file for more detailed analysis, but my guess is that this is a minor rendering bug that needs to be fixed, but won't affect what actually ends up in the epub.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote