View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
I'm wondering why anyone would pick the 300 over the 505. Since the announcement of the new Readers, I saw in our military exchange that the price of the 505 dropped to about $197. I'd jump on that if I didn't already have a Kindle. The screen is larger than the 300 and it supports SD cards. If it's now selling at the same price, why go for the 300 at all? Is Sony discontinuing the 505? Or maybe the exchange just got a deal on it. :-/
The 505 is an all-around great e-book device. I love mine (after 1.5 years). I also recently bough a 300--maybe not 'over' the 505, but in addition to--although I've been glued to the 300 for the past week!) Why? Mostly portability. The 300 has a great, clear screen (characters are sharper than the 505's under magnification!), and all I need is a device to read lots of books--no wireless, memory cards, mp3, dictionary, touchscreen. The 300 is great for this. Still shows pages of text and stores hundreds of novels with a great e-ink display and extended battery life. I throw my 300 in my front pants pocket with no problem--the 505 had far fewer options for a guy to carry around.

Last edited by DrMoze; 09-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote