Thread: jetBook on CES
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
TFT screen is different, it looks the same as e-ink display but works much faster. The problem that not everybody knows what TFT screen means and when people test it they understand that quality the same as e-ink.
Toshiba produced this screen for Japanese electronic dictionaries for Japanese market and quality of the screen is very good.
I am not sure I would say it looks the same as e-ink; it is very sharp, but it has a slightly different screen coloration.. a little darker, maybe browner than e-ink. That being said, it is very, very readable. I think from a readability perspective, the Jetbook's LCD doesn't really give anything up to the e-ink screens. Its batteries don't last quite as long; but they are still good for several days reading at a stretch.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote