View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #120
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I got some feedback about CR 1.2.6.7 from members of the german lesen.net forum.

Some people reported extreme battery consumption when using CoolReader. 1 hour reading time led to 4-6 % loss of battery power.

There also seems to be an issue with the KoboReader.sqlite, even if I can't think of any reason why this should happen. People, who read the same book with the Kobo app and with CR, experience a message from Calibre, complaining about a defective database.

Other people report, that after installing CR, their device is telling them, that there is no reading app for the book, they try to open.

One user has reported a frozen Glo.

I know, there is no way of diagnose this from afar, without knowing the model of the device, firmware, Calibre driver used, other software and patches, which might have been installed and interfere with CR, but I like to mention it anyway.

I got a huge wishlist from the german forum. Looking through my pm's, top priority is the implementation of tapzones, a search function, dictionary support and a working adjustable resfresh.

But even without that, CoolReader already has replaced Kobo's reading app for me.
Thanks!

Now I'm working at (will be ready with 1.2.6.8 very soon):

1. "working adjustable resfresh"
2. power consumption in sleep mode
3. Start KoboLauncher at reader startup and continue with nickel at exit from kobo launcher. This should prevent database corruption and (possibly!) problems on glo.

Also good news: I've ordered Kobo Glo. It will arrive at the beginning of November. I hope that all the Glo's problems will be solved.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 10-15-2013 at 06:08 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote