View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You have to see the significance of this...

Most wireless keyboards made for tablets are pretty thick because of the keyboard itself. And because they have to house a battery, Bluetooth and MicroUSB modules. Plus there's a pretty decent sized board in there.

If my pick wasn't dull, I would reopen my Belkin keyboard just to show you what's in there.

But what I'm trying to get at is that most of these keyboards are currently twice the thickness of the keyboard parts used in today's laptops. And like four times the thickness of the Microsoft Surface's keyboards.

Everyone wants that Surface cover because it doubles up as a cover and keyboard. They don't want the OS or the tablet itself, but everyone digs that keyboard. But it's not stand alone, which is why we can't have it for the iPad or Android.

And that's the future they're aiming for. They want to be able to produce keyboards that are able to be latched on to the magnets of the side of these iPads and Android tablets. The Bluetooth is easy enough to manage, and so is the battery, but the keyboard function itself has to be trimmed down.

It's not going to be "paper thin" on the outside, but it in the insides, yeah.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote