View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #42
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid your logic eludes me. Can you explain how taking a copyrighted work for free can possibly be considered "fair use"? In what way is it fair for you to take my software without paying?
That is what is stated in the law. That might seem unjustified to some, or even many, people. That's why I linked it to corporate tax laws -- those seem unjustified to many people as well. Still others think it is defensible that corporations employ those laws to reduce tax burden.

Why would Swiss laws be acceptable if used by corporations to reduce tax burden (at the cost of the rest of society), but not for individuals to reduce their expenses (in this case at the cost of content producers)?

If I dare quote:

Quote:
You can hardly blame Amazon for employing entirely legal methods to minimise their tax bill.
and

Quote:
I think it's neither moral nor immoral. They are obeying the law, and that's as far as it goes.
Why would you blame anyone for employing entirely legal methods to acquire entertainment/software as long as they are obeying the law?
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote