View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post
Whereas I understand you are a stakeholder in the copyright/downloading debate, I am a bit surprised you have this point of view based what you have expressed on other subjects.

I live in a jurisdiction where downloading is legal. In Switzerland downloading ebooks, music and software for private use is allowed. That's not because laws haven't kept up with technological development, but because law-makers have consciously decided that downloading above-mentioned material for private use can be considered fair use.
I'm afraid your logic eludes me. Can you explain how taking a copyrighted work for free can possibly be considered "fair use"? In what way is it fair for you to take my software without paying?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote