View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I can think of at least one reason to insert a dialog box at the bottom of the document before circling back around. If I have fixed something up the way I like it, it is readily possible to blow it away with an unintended replace that covers the territory I just worked on, like eliminating spaces. However, since we do have the option of selected files, then this should not be a problem given a little prior thought. There is only so far we can go in protecting ourselves without throwing in unnecessary dialog boxes at the end of the document.

Nothing is foolproof given a sufficient fool and that was me when I was trying to work on formatting and knocked out all the paragraphs in 400 footnotes with a replace all.

The fly in the ointment is that you can not undo a replace all for technical reasons.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote