View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #117
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugA View Post
^^ Might be, but isn`t that what was promised to the people, causing thousands to pre-order (without being able to see the PW in person)? This is what was (and still is) posted on Amazon`s site, in PW product description:

How many times they used word "perfect" and "white" in this text? Now... what, users actually expected PW to be perfect, or at least evenly white? Shame on users.

We all know better than to believe the ads, but I don`t think we can actually blame people here for pre-ordering - buying something that was promised to be as it is said (perfect, evenly white) - because they couldn`t see it in their hands before they actually got it - when they realized that it is waaaay below what was promised.

To get it clear - PW might be the best there is at the moment (might not, maybe Kobo is better), and it probably is much, much better experience than using a flashlight - but it is not what was sad to be, what made people give their money for it - and that`s why all the disappointment.

There are happy users, and that`s great. But those that feel defrauded are to be understood, too, as that is what happened - they gave money for the promised device (as a promise was the only thing they had prior pre-ordering), and they got something else.

p.s. And I`m not even talking about the bottom shadows (which still weren`t expected, but might be tolerable), but of "rainbow" blotches and shadows that appear across the entire screen. Yes, that might be the best that was achievable at the moment - but Amazon didn`t advertise it like that. They aimed for perfection, in order to get as many pre-orders as possible (and probably take out a good part of otherwise Kobo Glo buyers), and now they experience the consequences of being greedy. If they played it fair, much more people would be satisfied - but they would probably have much less pre-orders...

Ok, if you don`t like it, you`re free to return it, and you`ll get your money back. That makes them not being a thief, but it doesn`t make them less a liar. They clearly made a mistake - either in their advertising strategy, or in their design - and they should just admit it, learn from it, and see how to make is as painless as possible. That way they might regain some of the trust their loyal users had in them.

In the end, everyone can make a mistake - but not everyone is willing to admit it. And that makes all the difference.
BugA, these are exactly my feelings about it.
For weekS, I had been drooling all over the perfectly white screen in the ads and promo pictures. I don't usually buy into advertisement, but when a device is advertised because of factor x, I believe that there is a factor x. The "smallest Kindle yet" was really the smallest Kindle, the 25% improved contrast of the K4B really seems very much improved in comparison to my K4S.

Last edited by xendula; 10-14-2012 at 08:01 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote