View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
jdanniel
jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Where are you expecting to see the button?
I expect to see the Next and Previous buttons at all times. I expect to be able to click the NEXT button anytime at all, and go to the next page. Or, click the PREVIOUS button, and go to the previous page, if there is one.

My problem is this: I have no idea where a page ENDS. I am assuming there will be a new page when I start a new chapter or a new section. But guess what...I created chapters, and all I see in ADE is a lightly colored line where I put the chapter mark.

But I ALSO assume I'll be able to turn a page when a page ENDS. If I have a lengthy section of text, I do NOT expect to have to scroll through it. I expect to be able to go to a new page at some point in time. I don't know when that point in time is.

Now...let's talk about viewing these ebooks on a tablet, just for a second. If I open my ebook in an ebook reader on my Nexus 7, there should be only a limited amount of text visible on the screen.

Right? Now...what happens when you read all of that text? The answer is: You place your finger on the touch screen and flick it, and that turns to a new page.

THAT is what I am seeking. In ADE, I do not know what the equivalent to that is. But I don't think it should be one long block of scrolling text. Am I right? I should be able to click the NEXT button to see the next block of text.

That isn't happening.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself or articulating the problem well.

I'll create another test ebook, this time with chapter markers and a TOC. But I already DID try to create chapters, and I said what happens.

Something tells me I'm just not understanding the concept. Jd
jdanniel is offline   Reply With Quote