View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #45
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've only been to B&N a couple of times in the last year. A few years back it was at least a weekly visit. Their selection has gone horribly downhill.
We used to have Borders as well as B&N in my neighborhood, and I hit each at least once a week. I always thought that Borders had more depth than B&N had, but it seems to me that B&N has become even more shallow than it was.

A few months ago, it was revealed to me that I needed some kind of Complete Philip Larkin. One came out in March in hardback, so I went to the downtown B&N, affiliated with a local university, and THEY DID NOT HAVE IT! Nor, indeed, any PL at all, nor any empty space where it should have been.

<disgustipated>
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote