Thread: PRS-300 Battery trouble (I think) ?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Question Battery trouble (I think) ?

A friend got a PRS-300, and after trying it a few times shut it off & left it on the shelf in it's cover...for a year !!!
Picked it up again and found it was dead - and gave it to me.
I looked up charging it & found some info saying it'll charge via the mini-USB so I did that overnight.
It wakes up - sort of - a USB screen comes up, then later it gets a goofy looking screen like a distorted start-up screen - then goes dead saying NO BATTERY then repeats all the above.

I'm thinking it must need a battery - and have found some online for ~$12.
The installation looks easy enough so I'd like to ask the folks here, please:
  1. Is it best to try a different way of charging it ?
  2. Are there any 'tricks' to try to help it out ?
  3. Is there a best/cheapest source for the battery ?

Thanks !
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote