View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Happy Christmas Harry...btw, I LOVE your phrase over our "Merry Christmas", it just seems so much more, well, inviting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wouldn't that constitute theft of EVDO usage? Remember that every byte you transfer via EVDO costs Amazon real money - I'd be very, very wary of messing with it in that way; it may constitute criminal abuse of the EVDO network.
Or it may not...??? As long as one can browse use the embedded browser to browse the web itself I see no issues what-so-ever. Likely there is a future plan to add that as either a feature or a service for the device.

Beyond the "sky is falling" if you do anything beyond using the on/off switch and page turn buttons you are violating the all mighty TOS mindset...the point of the thread is would it work? It would be interesting to know if the design of the device is flawed enough to allow access to the wireless via the USB port.

The idea is not hacking. This is simply connecting a common device to the stoopid Kindle USB port. It would either work or not. My money is that is would not work. Since the Kindle is a Linux based OS odds are the port is locked down as is the wireless access. Or if it is not should it not have been?

Give people an inch and they will always want to take a mile for sure. Yet, who knows that if it (the USB-to-EVDO) is open perhaps Sprint & Amazon left it enabled "on-porpoise" just to see how much browsing people would do. Since it would be sorta hidden in plain sight they know some folks would function as a test group. I think I would be willing to pay about $50/mo for a couple years for EVDO and a Kindle with a few books thrown in. Even if we do not have decent EVDO access here where the sewer meets the sea and the EVDO had a reasonable usage cap.

brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote