View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim View Post
I have already posted in jinke forum and here I'll just copy my post (original post).

First of all, I am not in any way related to Jinke.
Now the main part.

Download
The chinese servers are VERY slow and people report that they don't receive a link for confirming their registration, so I have uploaded the SDK stuff to my website. Here are the links (download only v3sdk if you have linux):
toolchain-20071015
v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz
I would be very careful of hosting these files elsewhere if I were you - if I understand the developer agreement correctly, you aren't really supposed to be doing that! :P

Quote:
Installing and launching emulator
I am not sure how it is done under windows, but folks using linux, can do it like that:
1) download and extract v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz:
Code:
wget http://www.binaryworld.xz.lt/v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz; tar zxvf v3sdk-1.2.1.tar.gz
2) Go to the extracted directory and install the required files
Code:
cd v3sdk-1.2.1; sudo ./install
3) Put simlink, which jinke staff forgot to put:
Code:
ln -s i386/lib/libpdf.so.V3 i386/lib/libpdf.so
4) Put some ebooks, mp3s and pics to /root/abook (abook is treated as eReader's SD card)
5) Go to i386/bin and launch the emulator:
Code:
cd i386/bin; sudo ./demo.sh
Something to keep in mind - the SDK installs in /root/ so it would be HIGHLY inadvisable to install this on a production system. I installed my copy inside a QEMU image, as I use Mac OS X so...

What I don't get about the SDK is - how do we install stuff onto an Hanlin Vx reader, or even create an app? I've not gotten round to writing anything yet, as the documentation's kinda just specifications & doesn't exactly tell you how to achieve things.

Ah well...
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote