View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #107
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you don't want to use Calibre you can also test the "Smarten Punctuation" feature with DiapDealer's SmartyPants Python wrapper. (Both use the same python script.)
I would probably defer to the Modify Epub plugin if at all possible. Simply because it (and the underlying calibre routine) takes a few extra precautions to prevent the destruction of things like html comments (SmartyPants on its own will convert any occurrence of -- to an emdash by default. "<!-- Hello -->"... you get the idea). I also believe the SmartyPants script that ships with calibre has some modifications that are not included with the last official version of SmartyPants. I posted my wrapper script before I knew the Modify Epub plugin was an option. But have at it if you're adventurous.