View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #59
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Light level does seem to be key to battery life. I turned the light off yesterday when I was reading in a well-lit room, and the battery level only decreased by 4% in 2.5 hours' reading.
I did that too the other day. As long as I am next to a window and its brighter out, its fine.

What I found interesting was that when I set bold at #2, use the caecelia font and turn the light off, I can compare it to my K3 and my black basic with buttons and it looks almost the same. The basic buttons to me always had the best contrast of any kindle I ever owned. Dark thick fonts, just great. Just no light. Now with the bold option, I can re-create that page on the Oasis. Bold 2 is about the same, but I go to bold #3 and its even better. The backround on the Oasis is a tad lighter than the basic so that also helps.

So during daytime near a light source, window or lamp, I have been able to read without the light, or just barely on.

So not just for battery life, I actually like reading like I used to on the basic/k3. Just that my eyes are worse now so when it does get dreary and darker, I do have to go to #8 on the light.

The Oasis2 charges so incredibly fast though that it doesn't really bother me. I can eat dinner and its done charging. Or any other chore. I wish my phone charged that fast.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote