Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
@DiapDealer, theducks

Thanks very much for your replies. As this regex is intended to be used for French texts, I will use theducks' proposal. I just did not know one could add letters this way as I did not see any example of it.
Just so you know, it doesn't matter what language it is. If it's a valid uppercase letter (including unicode characters with acute, grave, breve umlauts—any valid diacritic, really), (\p{Lu}) will capture it. But whatever you're comfortable with is the way to go.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote