View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #59
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
I always appreciate to read a really skillful thrashing of a book, even if I don't share the opinion. A well written negative review is certainly much more informative than 5 star guff like "I loved it!! Best book ever. Fast delivery, too!".
On Amazon I tend to read the 1 star reviews first before I proceed to the 5 star reviews. Sometimes the very type of bad reviews is a recommendation for the book.
I am sure that I am not alone in my guilty pleasure of enjoying bad reviews. Germany's best known book critic once remarked that his book with very negative reviews outsold his book(s) with very positive reviews by scores.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote