View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #85
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's cool

BTW, what age group are these books aimed at? Until today, I never knew they existed.
Jack and Annie (the main characters) are 7 and 8, so I think it's aimed at 6 - 10 year olds. My daughter is six and I think my son (now nine) was about 6 also when he was checking them out from the school library. Even my three year old asks for them when we're in the car now!

They are fun little adventures that, in addition to being fun and exciting, include accurate facts about the times and places the kids visit.

Article and video interview with the author, from a couple of weeks ago:

'Magic Tree House' author Mary Pope Osborne sets out to engage young readers

(I was looking for something else and stumbled across this. It seems timely. )
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote