View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJn View Post
For now I'll continue to wait and see. Perhaps there's a problem that Amazon's aware of and a future shipment will have a higher rate of satisfied buyers.
With electronic items, there used to almost always be a tiny "Rev. 1.0" etched in the circuit board of those first sold, but later there would be a Rev. 1.1, Rev 2.0, etc. -- with exactly the same model number and specifications. I expect something equivalent still happens even if they don't always etch the Rev number in.

Amazon has historically had problems with cases. I have a Kindle Keyboard lighted case as a free replacement for a defective "Rev 1.0" Kindle Keyboard non-lighted case. For my purposes, the lighted case is fine. Uneven light does not mean, for me, bad light. I like that whenever it goes dark -- sometimes in the subway -- I can whip out a light, even or otherwise.

If I owned a good but imperfect Paperwhite, I might keep it with the idea that in nine months or so, by which time some other minor flaw might arise, I'll return it for warranty replacement. By then, I think that even a reconditioned replacement will include subtle improvements.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote