View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #59
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I think it's about time for Kobo to consider freezing the firmware on the original KT, except perhaps for critical updates. It's been out for 16 months now, and it's been through a dozen firmware updates. The first few added major improvements, but recently they've been fiddling pointlessly with the UI, creating as many new bugs as solving old bugs, adding more intrusive advertising, and adding support for newer models that doesn't matter to owners of older devices. For me the KT is perfectly usable as it is, and I'm sure it will remain one of my most-used and most-appreciated devices for some time to come. There are certainly problems remaining, but if the developers haven't managed to fix it by now, there's little likelihood they ever will.

Personally, I'll try 2.1.4 when it rolls out (since I'm currently stuck with the buggy 2.0.0 release), but I may end up going back to 1.9.17 if I don't like it. And that will be it for me.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote