View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Going down the line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpman77 View Post
I am just trying my chance, as you will probably say no, but,
for untagged pdfs, is it not possible to first convert it to word and again reconvert to pdf while "tagging" (by the way, I have no clue how it is done while creating the pdf, so this question may be absurd really),
Some PDFs can be converted to Word... usually by a tedious copy-and-paste method, as far as I know. (Again, somebody else jump in here, if you know of a better technique or software to do this.) If you get it into Word, then yes, you can create a "tagged" PDF (you need the full version of Adobe Acrobat to create tagged files... I don't believe anyone has added tagging ability to the drivers that come with the standalone reader.

Quote:
second,
for the untagged pdfs,
does 2.5" and 2.8" make a big difference, say, do I get less annoyed ) with 2.8" while scrolling the doc to left and right while trying to read?
It won't make that much of a difference. Judging by the comments in other threads here, you'll get seriously annoyed at left-to-right scrolling at any screen size!

Quote:
And what about the figures and tables in the pdf docs?
How do they get "tagged"?
Mostly, they don't. Which will really suck, if you were hoping to use them for textbooks and the like. Most figures and tables will either be converted into graphics that you'll set in your menu at either full size or fit-to-screen... or, in the case of some tables, tagging will completely mangle them.

Quote:
Of course, I am first of all assuming that the PDA can run adobe reader. But, dont every windows mobile device run adobe?
Yes, they do. However, Adobe reader is a large app, requiring a lot of processor power and space, and older PDAs may not have the power for it. (That's the reason for so many third-party readers, designed with fewer features to use less processor power and space.) Newer PDAs are mostly okay to run Adobe reader.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote