View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #11
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
OK, at a maximum view width of 1440 px (select that under the 1st tab of viewer options) this css works with the attached image to give a K4PC Sepia look:

body {
color:#000000;
background-color: #f1e7d0;
background-image:url("file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Calibre2/resources/images/k4pc_bgd2.jpg");
margin-right:250px;
margin-left:275px;
}

The directory you choose is up to you...

And you can play with the margins to get them however you want...

...argh... only on .mobi files. epub ignores the margins. I know I've read about this, but I'm too brain-dead to remember why. Maybe tomorrow.

ETA: checked a few more books - these all work fine in epubs that don't have margins set in the book's source.

edit - changed css margins and attaching a better background image to use. First one didn't account for left toolbar, so it doesn't center... this is at least close... still off, seeing screenshot - doesn't seem so off when in the ap...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k4pc_bgd2.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	880 Bytes
ID:	67447   Click image for larger version

Name:	calbrek42.jpg
Views:	4410
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	67448  

Last edited by Piper_; 02-27-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote