View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 12:57 AM   #2343
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Finished up A Closed & Common Orbit. Becky Chambers really has a gift for dropping these sweet little nuggets of alien culture or crazy tech and having them knit right into the world building, where they might stick out like a sore thumb if not handled so well.

I see a Mistborn re-listen somewhere in my not-to-distant future, but now I'm a few chapters into Planetfall by Emma Newman. The introduction/acknowledgments are a little intimidating, along the lines of "I was dealing with the worst trauma of my life while writing and publishing this book," and like the rest of the audiobook, it's read by the author. To her credit, Ms. Newman is a strong narrator so far. It's a little early for any substantial impression of the story, but the first person character, Ren, seems cohesive and emotionally realistic.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote