View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
The next Kindle really needs a touch screen (as well as improved speed and contrast). I find using the dictionary, highlighting, selecting links, etc. to be frustrating to the point that I generally ignore these features.

Everyone who picks up my Kindle who hasn't seen one before tries touching things on the screen.

If they can add a touch screen without damaging the readability then they will be onto a winner.

If they don't add touch I can't see mainstream users buying a Kindle over a tablet even though I personally find e-ink far superior to LCD for reading.

And does the Kindle need to be thinner? It's already incredibly thin, and I don't hear anybody complaining about its thickness. Any thinner and I think it might stray into 'flimsy' territory.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote