View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
I find it hard to believe that a female author would ever refer to women's undergarments as Skivies. Are you sure it wasn't a guy writing that?

Yeah, that usage would have taken me out of the story too. But I've never thought of editing a book to make reading it more palatable.
I'm a woman, and I refer to my own underthings as skivvies. FWIW. I find "panties" too cutesy, and bloomers is clearly out of fashion. I don't care for "underpants," which is just...IDK, juvenile. So...skivvies.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote