View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:19 AM   #174
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanOlivier
How can I gather the metadata for my ebooks so plato is aware of them?
The metadata for each document is stored in .metadata.json (inside the libraryPath directory).

You could use the importer to do that. But the problem is that you'll need to dynamically link against mupdf and, by default, mupdf generates a static library.

Since you already have the author information within the categories array, you could write a script that modifies each entry in .metadata.json by copying the relevant parts of categories to the author key.

Quote:
Is there a way to force custom fonts over the publisher's default?
Have you tried appending !important at the end of your declarations?

E.g.:
Code:
body {
	font-family: "Foo Bar" !important;
}
Quote:
Also, I'd like to adjust the left/right and top/bottom margins as well as the weight/boldness of the font, how could I do that?
The ability to change the margins for each document will come later.

In the meantime, you can do it globally through user.css:
Code:
@page {
	margin: 1em;
}
Adjusting the degree of boldness of the default font isn't currently possible at it would require generating a new font on the fly by interpolating between two font families.

Quote:
Do you plan to implement a settings menu, or will it be managed using configuration files for the time being?
There will be a settings window.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote