View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 04:17 AM   #172
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanOlivier View Post
First of all, good job on Plato
You're welcome.

Quote:
Or a way to blindly turn on the light to something like 5%?
Holding the bottom left corner will toggle the frontlight (all the gestures are described in the manual).

Quote:
- I noticed that most of my covers don't show up on Plato; when I select a book, the screen is blank instead of showing the book cover.
The problem comes from mupdf: it doesn't handle svg tags (but it handles SVG files). And sometimes, the cover is attached to an image tag within an svg tag.

Quote:
- All of the authors show up as Unknown Author in the book selection menu, even if I can see and select authors in the top bar, so that's a bit weird.
What you see in the summary bar are categories: by default, categories reflect the directory hierarchy. Of course, Plato has no way of knowing if a particular directory hierarchy at a given depth level is relevant in relation to the metadata. Unknown Author appears for each entry in .metadata.json where the author key is missing.

Quote:
- If I press the TOC button on the bottom right, is there a way to close that screen without selecting an entry?
You can tap the bottom left corner to toggle the TOC.

Quote:
A last question, what is the wifi used for?
Currently nothing. I personaly use the WiFi for debugging purpose (telnet, FTP).
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote