Thread: Artemis
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I went back and checked out some of the reviews. I suspect most of the reviewers don't really understand why the Martian was so popular. Story is the key. Does the story draw the reader in? Is it a book that someone would stay up late reading? Most popular writers tend to have a very specific voice that people like. Two books having the same voice isn't a bug, it's a feature. (I'm using voice to signify the basic feel of a book and set of characters)
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote